Tuesday, April 10, 2007

home sweet home

Hello all! Kristi and I made it home on Saturday from our trip the UK and the Netherlands. Needless to say, we had a memorable time going from place to place to place keeping busy. Highlights included three musicals in three nights, sitting with the choir in St. Paul's cathedral during Evensong, and wandering around acres of tulips.

The three musicals were Spamalot, the Lion King, and Wicked. Kristi surprised me with the third musical, which was the best. We had planned to go see Wicked before I arrived but once there Kristi told me it was completely sold out. Little did I know, Kristi had bought the tickets and was trying to keep it a secret. So as we were walking around London, I'd say "Ooh, let's go into this ticket shop, they might have Wicked seats," which I'm sure made her have a tiny stroke each time. On the last night there we were standing at a metro station having come from Evensong, and Kristi turns to me with this grin and says "I have a surprise... it's rrreeallly good." I knew it! That massive of smile means one thing. WICKED! And it was incredible, with Elphaba having this voice that filled the entire theater. Hands down I'm going to see it in New York. And i might even see Spamalot again.

2 comments:

jenny said...

LETS GO TOGETHER IN NY!! I WILL TOTALLYYYY GGOOO. I want to see spamalot and les mis too.

Annalise said...

So fun! Yeah, they did the sing-a-long thing at the end in ours too. It was soooo great! Post some pictures from your trip, I'd love to see them.