Wednesday, November 05, 2008

nut, nut, who'se got the nut?

I've wrapped up the end of my time served in inpatient psychiatry at Olean, NY and if you've ever wondered where the mullet originated from, you needn't look further. Other firsts in this city include knick-knacks, psychotic patients, and my personal favorite, massive ceramic squirrels. Does anyone else see a correlation?

You may think I'm kidding about the squirrels, and I would've been right on that disbelieving boat with you. But, friends, I have been there. I have seen. I have had nightmares. And here is my proof (I named a few):

Disco Ball Ben: Small Town Bugsy:

Mr. Money Bags:
Incognito Irnia:

Possibly the most terrifying of all the squirrels, whom I call the Godfather:


Vincent:

Honolulu Hal:
Nurse Betsy:
Surgeon Sam:

And of course we can't forget Santa Squirrel:
and his back side:

6 comments:

Jenna said...

We have pigs instead of squirrels... Seriously

Anonymous said...

wow crazy pretty much sums that up. In Erie Pa they have fish as well. Makes you wonder what the towns cut out of their budgets to make room for painted animals

Somerset said...

Terrifying! Simply Terrifying! I don't know how you escaped the city with all your faculties!

{Twilight was fabulous! Definitely not the book, but I thoroughly enjoyed it...and were it not Sunday, I'd probably be seeing it again RIGHT NOW!}

I miss you!

Becoming Supersonic said...

Holy crap is that ever freaky!

A little bird told me said...

hahahahaha. freaking awesome. now i must pee.

Preethi said...

Wow. Truly spectacular. I'm with Mandy...you have to wonder which poor children don't get to have school-sponsored lunch to make way for ceramic animals.