Friday, December 26, 2008

sounds like...

I'm currently home in Texas for the holidays visiting my folks. It's been entertaining to say the least,mostly because of the funny slips of the tongue that are oh-so infamous in the Cummings clan.

For example, during Christmas Eve dinner at Macaroni Grill, we started talking about places we've always wanted to visit, and I mentioned how I want to go see the Northern Lights in Canada. I also let them know how I've been taking mini-trips during my rotations, and my Mom chimed in by saying "Well, on one of those trips, Jackie, you can go see the Areola."

A moment passed until the full weight of the comment sunk in at the table, and suddenly an explosion of laughter rang out from the two of us.

Me: "Mom, do you mean Aurora Borealis"

classic Mom.

4 comments:

Becoming Supersonic said...

Love it! And, when you DO go to see Areola, count me in.

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

hahaha! That would have been an awesome conversation to overhear!! Your mom is too funny! I can't wait until you are out in Utah. I think I might even have to do a count down calendar for your arrival! :)

lisa said...

JACKIE! My long-lost (and short term) roommate. Found you through jenny's blog--who knew we all knew each other! excited to see you're coming back to utah--we should definitely get together.

Mandy said...

I thought about this post the other day, I was at work and got report on a gentleman that was having his labrum surgically repaired. when he woke up in PACU he told the nurses there that he had his labia repaired. umm....That is a whole different thing and they shouldn't have been cutting into your shoulder for that. The nurses in the pacu said that they almost busted up laughing to his face but kept their cool. Medicine is funny sometimes.
Mandy