Tuesday, August 24, 2010

K, so my poem writing skills are no good. But I thought no harm in trying.

The reason why I wrote it was actually because of a patient of mine that made a few crucial mistakes and wound up dealing with HUGE consequences. And it's kind of disheartening to see these young girls where puberty hit so early while their emotional capacity lags behind in childhood. And these girls, usually pressured by hormone filled guys, experiment with adult subjects far sooner than they should. And that leads to worse decisions that leave lasting emotional scars. It really does. Seeing perimenopausal women still become tearful about having an abortion as a teen is literally heart wrenching. To carry that weight for decades... I can't imagine.

well, so next poem will not be as heavy.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

the background does shed some light. Hanging in there? Do you read sixyearmed.com? It reminds me of you.

bjahlstrom said...

Jackie,

I was wondering if there was some way I could get a hold of you to interview you on your opinions on this subject. I work in a Literacy Center, and the student I tutor is attending community college classes, and needs to do some reasearch on the pros and cons of abortion (pro-life vs. pro-choice). It would be wonderful to get an official PA's opinion and maybe be directed to some helpful research! I love you.