Sunday, February 11, 2007

poker champion of the world (of jackie)

My roommates and I tonight had a friendly game of Texas hold'em and guess who swept house. ME! i also earned the name of big bird (brought to you by my roommate Brandi; i think her exact words were "because your tall and have blonde hair"). truly unfortunate cognomen.

During the game I was trying to work on my poker face. Since i usually give my good hands away by blushing, looking down, or smiling I asked Brandi before a round to study my face and see if I could have a real poker face. She dealt them and I looked at the cards to find a queen of clubs and and eight of the same suit. I casually looked up and stared at her without change in expression.

Brandi: "You've got a queen and an eight."

shock came over my face and the first thought I had was that she had supernatural powers. i mean serious "special stuff" kind of powers. then and there I vowed never to think of my bank account numbers or my weight when in her presence.

4 comments:

Becoming Supersonic said...

Haha, that's pretty amazing. Sounds like you shouldn't make a career change and become a rounder.

Annalise said...

Hahaha, how did she do that? And you should definitely come over the next time we play poker.

Unknown said...

your stories are so much cooler than mine! all my poker stories involve my parents yelling things at eachother that are seriously hilarious but they dont mean them to be and when i repeat it...the story is no longer funny and a long silence follows

jenny said...

Hahaha. You are so funny! Come over please