Monday, June 02, 2008

Good ol' San Antonio

The PA national conference was this past weekend, and OMG I forgot how hot Texas is. Before my visit, I considered moving back (possibly Austin), and though I haven't thrown it completely out, I now am looking for a place that doesn't immediately melt my face when I step outside. Seriously, it was like walking through a Dali painting.

I went down with a few classmates and before we arrived I of course couldn't resist talking up Texas. Come on, It's Texas! With Big Tex at the state fair, big drinks of Diet Dr. Pepper, big people. So when we arrived, the manager at the front desk was very cordial and gave us a room with a "river view." Awesome, I thought since the last time I was there as a kid I remembered how cool I thought the river was. We get in the room and I walked over to the window and opened the drapes to find this ity bity trickle of water.

Julia sidles up beside me and says, "That's it?!?"

Me: "Yup."

Julia: "That a creek!"

Me: "Yup. Isn't it awesome..."


As luck would have it, Lark, an old roommate of mine who is originally from the east coast, moved to San Antonio awhile ago and we got together. It was good to see her and meet her very nice boyfriend and tour her new home (she has a home!!).

3 comments:

Somerset said...

What do you mean our friendship is on the line???? Since you've been gone there's a hole...no one to keep me cultured and hip! Don't give up on me! This whole thing with Twilight, it's just a passing infatuation...what we have is Forever!

You look so great! Texas must be the place for conventions in 2008...I was in Dallas back in March for the National Student Nursing Association Annual Convention. Loved it! But, my face melted off as well and I'm still working on putting it back in place.

Becoming Supersonic said...

Man are you funny! We gotta talk on the phone soon!

laurie said...

Hi, Jackie! It was fun reading up on your adventures. However, in good conscience, I should advise you to ix-nay the face-melting metaphore when discussing Austin and the heat and all that! I just had a chat with your mom today, and she is holding out for your return to Texas when you finish school!