Friday, July 04, 2008

i'm still standing

surgical rotation has started and not gonna lie, it is rough. no so much sandpaper rough, more like tsunami kind of rough. i know this is a crap post, but really i'm just trying to keep my head above water.

better news: after getting off work this morning (I was on call last night which meant I was at work from 5:30 am yesterday to 8 am today) I drove to Boston and met up with a few friends to watch the Boston Pops/fireworks in action. I've been wanting to see this since I was a little girl and right now I don't care how much homework I have to do, I'm gonna have some fun tonight.

5 comments:

Becoming Supersonic said...

Yipee!!!! You finally can cross that off your list! Hope you had lots of fun. Don't work too hard. Lots of love.

A little bird told me said...

Yey for standing! What are you learning? Is it cool?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had lots of fun in boston, Good luck with the rotation!!!

Annalise said...

Good for you! Have some fun! Sounds like you need it.

Ti2xgurr said...

So last I talked to you surgery was going much better. I hope it still is! You have your exam in just a couple days then it will be OVER! That said, surgery is so much fun, too! There cannot be anything as incredible as holding a human beating heart in your hand, or feeling peristalsis return to the bowels after anesthesia is reduced, or seeing the human brain - which appears so simple yet is so complex...