Thursday, August 28, 2008

something must be in the air

Today I didn't have to go to work so I started the day by sleeping in till ten, breakfast in bed, and a movie. Since I hadn't yet gotten out of bed at one o'clock I felt a bit like a bum, so I thought I'd have a mini workout. But I didn't want to completely give up my slothful ways, so I went without a bra.

Or pants.

So there I am doing sit-ups on my exercise ball in a very flimsy top and skivvies while listening to my usual exercise music when all of a sudden the song I Don't Feel Like Dancin' from the Scissor Sisters starts up. Now, if you've never heard the song, you might find it hard to understand how the tune posses people to stop their current activities and force them to start wilding dancing about the room. Friends, I was easy prey.

As I flail about, I glance out the window to find the gardner, THE GARDNER, standing outside with his weed whacker, John Deer hat and massive head phones staring straight at me. Yep, I just died a little. And I couldn't help think about Annalise's recent adventures in streaking.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

No bra!! I can't believe it. (Did you catch that I'm a little facetious. I don't do the bra thing much either.)

Somerset said...

You're Filthy...and I'm Gorgeous!

Becoming Supersonic said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Thank you sooooo much! I needed that! I too often find myself falling prey to that song.

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

Well Jackie it is official... if you decided that a life of being a medical professional isn't for you then you could always take up exotic dancing!! I bet that gardener had the best day of work of his life and will talk of this day for many years to come... :)

Annalise said...

I TOTALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN! My most embarrassing moment to date.

A little bird told me said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE, seriously, LOVE that you blogged about this. IT is so you, I could hear your voice and totally picture your horror and this hindsight humor.

Classic Jacklet.