Sunday, September 24, 2006

How my Mother Uses up her Time

I was lying on the couch today watching some silly movie set in space when my mother, sitting behind me at the computer, started to blast the Duke and BYU fight songs. I have no idea what drove her to all of a sudden look up such music but I prayed that it might cease as quick as it came. In the reflection of the TV I could see my mother's poofy brown hair (which could hold its own if ever in a fight with an afro) bobbing back and forth to the beat of a big brass band belting out the classic college notes. The music progressed in such perfect timing with my movie that during the fight scene the computer would chant "Go! Fight! Win!"

This continued with my mother repeating and bobbing with the songs until she actually started to clap her hands and sing the words to each. It is my wish that you could hear my mother sing, for mere words would not do it justice. Let's just say she sings a few notes behind and few notes off. with a lot of pain. When we mention to her of her poor singing she says "You guys used to love me singing to you when you were kids." True, true. That's when we didn't know any better and were partially deaf. My movie was complete with the trumpets blazing, hand clapping, broken dialog, warbling that composed the new soundtrack.

4 comments:

Annalise said...

I have never heard of anyone listening to fight songs voluntarily in their own home. That is so funny!

jenny said...

hahaha great blog. I miss you Khaks! Keep bloggin. You're a naturaleee.

Becoming Supersonic said...

Hahahahaaa the hair description is priceless.

bjahlstrom said...

What a crazy nut!