Thursday, July 05, 2007

it's hard to say goodbye

If you have ever had the misfortune of chatting with me on the phone, you'd know how bad I say bye. I absolutely hate it. And probably why I hate it so much is because I entirely suck at it.

How hard can it be? Right? Well, for me, it is something I entirely dread. When I feel the conversation wrapping up, these feelings of anxiousness start to arise deep within my bowels because I just know the moment is coming. And that moment would be when I totally make a fool out of myself trynig to pretend like I know what I'm doing with my "k, talk to you later... I hope your cat starts to feel better... and the weather turns out in your favor... and you have exact change whenever you need it...and" etc. Sad, I know.

So I've been more comfortable with just the "k bye"and I quickly hang up. But I've been told that that is incredibly cruel. Thus, I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

2 comments:

Annalise said...

Yeah, I too have a hard time with the goodbye. I've settled on the quiock "talk to you later, bye." once it's been mutually established that the conversation is ending. Hopefully my friends don't think I'm harsh! I would add and "Love you" in there (because I love all my friends) but I've discovered that it makes some awkward.

Sorry you got rained out on the 4th! What a bummer. But yeah, isn't "I'm Proud to be an American" the lamest song? Come on, it's not 1989 anymore. And I'm really not so proud either. Especially after Sicko. Good movie huh?

Well I thought I'd leave you an equally long comment since you were kind enough to do so. See ya!

Becoming Supersonic said...

K bye! I love that about you, so funny.