Thursday, July 12, 2007

Royal Ballet

Mark, Kristina and I attended Romeo & Juliet performed by the Royal Ballet and after the performance it made me realize how much I missed and enjoyed it. My favorite scene was at the end because of the choreography and phenomenal performance by the principles. Romeo, after finding Juliet in the crypt, tries to arise her by dancing with her like he had once done during the balcony scene. I know my description will not do it justice, but just imagine this arrangement with Romeo picking up her unconscious body and gently trying to lift her above his head and she holding that position for just a moment and then slumping to one side with arms dangling. Honestly, I think that the female principle had a harder job in that she had to convince the audience that she was virtually lifeless, yet graceful. Her beautiful performance mixed with his expression of hopelessness and loss just tore at you.

1 comment:

Clay and Katy said...

Oh I want to go!!!! I bet it was amazing!