Thursday, March 13, 2008

cry for help

So I've volunteered to cook Easter dinner for about a dozen friends and I've decided to have roasted chicken and honey baked ham (to appease those that must have pork on Christ's day... yeah, he was a Jew). I've got two good recipes for the meat, but I have virtually no recipes for good sides. So here's a plea to all you dear friends for your stellar recipes for veggies/potatoes/anything else that you'd think would be good with los main courses.

Second: my friends Mandy and Soren are getting married and since they plan on having some sort of DJ at their wedding, they are asking for music suggestions. Got any?

I recognize two favors in one post is a tall order, but I know you have mad skills. many thanks.

4 comments:

Annalise said...

Okay I'm on it. I'll get back to you soon.

Somerset said...

How about funeral potato's? You'll need potato, shredded cheese, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, 1 large container of sour cream, and 1 stick of butter.

Peel you potatoes, cut them in half, put them in a pot to boil.

While they're boiling....Mix together 2cans of cream of mushroom soup and a large container of sour cream.

Melt the stick of butter in the microwave.

When the potatoes are done, and cool enough to handle, grate them on a cheese grater. Or, if you're impatient like me and the potatoes are soft enough, squish them with your fingers into little pieces.

Now....in a cake pan/casserole dish ... Add a layer of potatoes and put bit of butter on them. Add a layer of the sr.cream soup mixture, a layer of cheese and then begin again with a layer of potatoes. Keep going until you filled up the dish. It helps to end with cheese on top.

They're a hit every time.

Annalise said...

Okay here's some good tunes:

"Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison
"Flowers in the Window" by Travis
"Wildflowers" by Tom Petty
"How Can I Tell You" by Cat Stevens
"I Will Follow You into the Dark" by Deathcab for Cutie
"Such Great Heights" by Iron and Wine

Then as far as food, you can't go wrong with some sort of Potato Gratin, asparagus is good, maybe a good soup. I'm sorry, I know I'm not much help. I'm sure it'll be delicious!

Soren said...

Um, for the record, we said that we almost certainly would not have a DJ. Just an iPod with a long playlist on it, and since you have demonstrably mad skillz in playlist-making, we offered to accept your input.