Monday, March 24, 2008

the hair cut

Due to the melting of my brain, I've reverted to using excerpts from emails I've written to friends. This beauty comes from part of an email I wrote to Kristi explaining my spring break:

So this past week was way more busy than I expected, but it was all so much fun. It started last Friday when Mandy and I went to get hair cuts at a place called Bubbles. That morning I thought I woke up late for my e med test (my clock said 8:13 and they stop handing out the tests at 8:15). So I got dressed and ran to the school, swung open the door to the exam room to find it completely empty. I had a moment of panic thinking that everyone finished the test in the 8 minutes it took me to get over there, but when I looked at the clock it said 7:21 am. I realized I must of hit the hour button on my clock to set it ahead. By the way, I had fallen asleep with my my hair braided into tiny braids (the night before I was trying anything to help me keep awake while studying) so when I was running to the test I was frantically trying to unweave the dread locks. imagine this white girl tearing out her hair in the city of minorities. My doorman, paper man, and security guard at the school all had a good laugh. To top it off, when I unraveled the last braid, my hair was the size of Bon Jovi's hairdo circa 1987. So I end up going to my hair appointment sporting a muppet on my head. good times. She ended up cutting like 4 inches off (it had gotten sooooo long, down to the small of my back), and it is so much more manageable and still long.

3 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

I just love your guts! (or hair in this case!) I laughed and laughed as I read this posting! I am glad you didn't miss your test and I bet it was hilarious watching you de-ethinicize your hair as you are running down the street. You go girl! I wish you would've taken a picture. But I have the best mental picture so I guess that will do.

How did your Easter dinner go?

Somerset said...

OMG...I laughed out loud picturing your Bon Jovi hair....and you know that's coming from a true blue die hard Bon Jovi fan! Miss you!

Annalise said...

That is a great story! I just chopped off 8 inches of my hair. HOLY. COW.