Tuesday, March 18, 2008

news news news

So today our class celebrated receiving our official assignments for clinical rotations. I didn't realize how big of a deal it was until our director broke out the champagne to ring it in. Personally, I think they just needed an excuse to 1) polish off the left overs from St. Patty's, 2) nurse the hangovers and 3) throw back one before noon. I love it here.

And now, for my official rotations. Drum roll please... And the winners are:

Surgery in New Britain, CT
Peds in Waterbury, CT
Ob/Gyn in Dover, DE
Psych in Olean, NY
ER in Reading, PA
Internal Med in Hershey, PA

Though I'll be living out of suitcases till February 2009, I'm beyond excited to try out these new places to see if I might potentially want to settle down here.

I also found out today that our school is going to be one of the forty eight to compete at the National Academy of Physician Assistants Student Challenge Bowl! And I'm on the team! What's the Challenge Bowl, you ask? No, it's not a jousting tournament with your local crapper. It's a competition against 47 other PA programs, with three people on a team and the winner gets fame, fortune, and... well, pretty much nothing. Which I think is something to drink over, so raise your glasses. Here's to not getting knocked out in the first round!

1 comment:

Annalise said...

Woohoo! Good luck!