Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 1

1. Gratitude:
    a. finding the motivation to hang the rest of the wall photos
    b. friends inviting me to a ball
    c. having the time to paint my toenails

2.  It's amazing how something as simple and unexpected as classical music can be a soothing balm for a wounded heart.  Don't you worry, typical heartbreak.  It is so very difficult to end a relationship to a good man, a worthy man, that you know in your heart of hearts... he's just not the right fit.  At least at this time.  Who knows what the future will hold, but I realized that you marry the man who he is today, not something you hope he will become in the future.  Though I know I did the wounding to the both of us, it still can significantly hurt.  And so I was listening to a TED talk where a violinist started to play, and it was like instant water to desert soil.  No joke.  Needless to say, I was completely shocked; it stopped me dead in my tracks as I was cleaning the house.  I tested it out with Brahms, Mozart, Handel, Bach, even Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.  The only one that was a definite nope was Orff's O Fortuna.  Offenbach's Barcarolle was especially soothing.  And so I am very grateful for this new discovery of classical music soothing a soul.

3.  Exercise: Dancing

4. 15 min Meditation Video

5. sent a text to a friend

No comments: