Friday, September 14, 2007

on notice

I knew it! This morning in my email I find this letter from Corporate:

"Thank you for your recent order. When you placed your order, we did have a limited supply of the item listed below. However when it was time to ship, our stock had been depleted and unfortunately, the item is no longer available. Please accept our sincere apologies."

So of course I called Customer Service since I was trying to find any excuse to put off studying for my quiz today. I explained to the lady how my rug was out of stock, and asked if she could price match for a smaller size. Now I must pause here for a minute because I think it takes a lot of guts (and little dignity) to actually ask this of them. Nonetheless, I felt it was my duty, NAY, my calling to stick it to the man.

She asks for my order number. A long pause ensues.

"A dollar?", she shockingly voices on the phone. "A DOLLAR?!?" she repeats, but with a cackling laughter I've never heard before in my life.

Me: "Yeah... like I said, it was ridiculously cheap."

"Well, I can go ask my boss, but I don't think it's gonna happen," she concludes. As she is putting me on hold I hear her repeat the amount and then I hear what seemed like the entire room start to laugh.

3 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

so thats a no go on the rug then...suck

jenny said...

SAD! I like how you said "Nay". We should bring "Nay" back. Yeah, that's it. I'm bringin Nay back.

Becoming Supersonic said...

Man, sounds like customer service needs a little training session on not laughing at their customers. Sorry it didn't work out, but I agree it was worth a try.