Sunday, February 17, 2008

baby, it's cold outside

weekend trip: Niagara Falls
accomplices: Kristina, Angie, and Dhardielle
hours in car: 17
movies watched: 3
frost nipped fingers: 5
getting out of the country: priceless


Horseshoe Falls is better seen on the Canadian side. As a girl, I went with my mother during the summer time and we rode on a boat that took us to the outer rim of these falls. It was surprising to see that same water covered in ice.


Horseshoe Falls. Taking this shot got my heart beating a bit faster. Though there was this huge gate with stone preventing anyone from falling in, if you slightly leaned over the ledge you were mere feet away from the rushing water. It was entertaining watching the chunks of ice plunge over the edge.


The mist rising from Horseshoe falls landed on the nearby trees and froze on only one side of the bark.


Hiya Angie! You can see that most of the river has frozen over

This is the base of the American Falls. It was amazing to see this massive amount of water dump over the ledge and disappear under the top ice. I particularly loved the icicles... reminded me of stalactites.



Thus concludes el tripo de Niagara. side note: This is the last time I travel North for the winter. what was I thinking...

2 comments:

Becoming Supersonic said...

Wow! Looks like an amazing trip. I've always wanted to go there.

Mandy said...

The pictures look awsome, and freezing. I love the priceless coment at the beginning