Tuesday, February 26, 2008

update

Four more days till spring break! Granted I have two exams (BIPC and E Med) till then, but at this point I really don't care... the only reason I'm still going is because of Jen and Luke's encouragement. I don't think I've been more ready for a break, or sleep for that matter. I haven't even started my clinical year yet, but I've been averaging 5-6 hours of sleep a night. And I can't totally blame it on school. Last week was the first week out of my entire semester that I haven't traveled. And though I love to visit new places, and I see it as only living here once, I was glad to stay in. In fact, I think that for the break Jen, Marcie and I will postpone the cruise and instead have a mini spa day with mani-pedis and massages. And perhaps a day trip to NY or DC. Oh, and have I told you I'm in a Spades Tournament? It's gonna be awesome.

So it dawned on me that I have less than two months before I have my white coat ceremony and I start my clinical year. That's right, I'm a stone's throw away from performing a SOAP note on anything that walks in the door (SOAP= Subjective (taking a history), Objective (performing a physical), Assessment (making a differential diagnosis), and Plan (treatment plan)). If we're completely honest, that scares the hell out of me.

2 comments:

Shell said...

Jack, you crack me up!!! I just love your zest for life! I'm pretty sure I have to have you as a sister....so....will you marry my younger brother? He's very smart, handsome, 26, you might be a smidgen taller (does that matter?). I love the pics from your trip to Niagara. I went there a couple summers ago with my Japanese host family. They call it Niagara instead of Niagara Falls. Just a little tidbit there. Good luck on all your tests and have a great break because YOU DESERVE IT! If you come down to D.C. remember, I am 1 1/2 hours away! I could meet ya up there! I would LOVE to see you and you could meet my little guy! 301-863-5157 XOXO

Becoming Supersonic said...

You are going to be an amazing PA! Don't be scared Jackie!