Tuesday, February 05, 2008

say hello to my little friend

Soren, Mandy, Stanley and I drove up to Punxsutawney for Groundhog's Day and received in person the bad news of winter's unwelcome stay for another six weeks. We were one of the few that walked up to Gobbler's knob and arrived just minutes before the prediction was read (we chose not to stay the night in the cold). most entertaining moment: As soon as Phil saw his shadow an enormous "BOOOOOOOO!" erupted from the crowd, and then in one mass movement, the crowd bolted for the shuttle buses.

After being rejected by the relentless mob, Phil huffed off to his cage to drown his sorrows in Jack Dandelions.
One of Phil's handlers snuck up behind us and joined in our photo. I turned around to find him waving away and Phil balled up in his cage.

hat time:
and from the back:






and finally...
This is the hat that I crocheted to keep my tiny head warm.

4 comments:

jenny said...

I just watched Groundhog day, and they boo when 6 more weeks of winter is declared...and I thought DOES THAT REALLY HAPPEN! AND NOW I KNOW. Thank you for your informative blog. I am so happy you are blogging again.

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

SAD! I am so ready for Spring it isn't funny! I can't believe you lived groundhog's day... hopefully you didn't have to do it over and over again. Cute hat, btw, I wish I was so talented to make me such things. You are too cool. Whatever happened to your entry about those dancing missionaries? I went to make a comment and bam--it was gone...

Jackie said...

I'm what people call computer illiterate, so I might have possibly deleted it. No worries though, since I just found it again on you tube at http://youtube.com/watch?v=QhI1yfWDHbo.

Shell said...

So cool!! Jackie you are such a blast. You are like a ray of sunshine wherever you go.