Tuesday, April 15, 2008

cherry blossoms

Let me introduce you to my friend Shelly.


A few weeks back this dear friend of mine from college and I took some time away from our busy schedules and met up in DC during the Cherry Blossom Festival. We spent hours enjoying the perfect weather and perfect timing because ALL of the trees were in bloom. She served her mission in Japan, which made it all the more interesting to stroll along the Tidal Basin while listening to her stories of the times she's celebrated spring with beautiful blossoms thousands of miles away. It was even better to meet Charlie, her baby boy, and get to know Dave, her husband, a bit better. I don't know if you've had the same experience, but when I've had friends that have been pregnant, delivered, and raised babies during which I've known they were expecting but I haven't seen them during any of that time, it somewhat surprises me when I see them for the first time. I think, Here's my friend! Looking just the same as I remember. Who's this tiny person standing next to her?

Photo time:

What's that in the sky? A bird? A plane?


This was something important that I have completely forgotten.
The profound crevices and healed wounds in the bark of the aged trees emphasized the delicate birth of the fresh flora (yeah, one Humanities minor later, I've perfected writing a load of crap).


Hello Myer's Family!

I love this picture of the fellas. Stellar admiration of the flowers Dave. Charlie has a tendency to scowl at anything from grass blades to moving objects, and here's an example of that.

It was so good to see her and her family... a respite that I very much needed.

2 comments:

Becoming Supersonic said...

Fantastic pictures! I love the one of you looking a little bit crazy. Looks lovely.

Shelly said...

Thanks Jackie. You're the best. Thanks for taking the time to meet us. We had a great time. And, don't worry, I won't look at your weirdly when I see YOU will a little person standing next to you.