Thursday, April 17, 2008

a look says it all

I was scrolling through pictures I've taken since last May, and I happened to stumble across these gems. I'm thinking I took these during one of my super late night study sessions as a stunt to finagle sympathy from the parents. My plan was to send them the first picture with a ransom note reading "Send $1,000,000,000,000 and a box of Girl Scout Cookies or else her face stays this way."

Since I already had the camera out I thought it a perfectly good waste not to take more.... which led me to this.











I like to believe that one day, when all my little grand kids tenderly gather around, I can show them these and lovingly tell them that Crazy runs in their genes, and they've got deal with it.

5 comments:

Somerset said...

You Crack me up! I miss you Jack!

Unknown said...

You are so funny! It is amazing what too much studying can do to a person... I hope your parents took great amounts of pity for your plight. I love your guts!!

Becoming Supersonic said...

Oh man, that was priceless. Is this what you were doing when you were supposed to be studying? I gotta keep my camera in my room so that when i'm avoiding paper writing I can turn to this activity instead.

Anonymous said...

You are probably the funniest person I know!! OK, so I think anyone would find this funny, but I have to say that knowing how crazy-hard PA school is makes it even funnier. You know, the 10-hour study sessions going into the wee hours of the morning and you remaining awake only because of REDBULL, Monster drinks, and other legal stimulants, giggling because ur goony at that hour, IMing friends having meltdowns between your own meltdowns, and being just plain fried. I can just imagine you Jackie mumbling "cardiomyopathy vs endocarditis vs heart failure..." IMing a friend "u WILL survive this test, I promise - just enough to sit for the next day's exam!" realizing there is a camera in ur hand, "oh fun..." mumbling "pleuritic chest pain with rhonchi..." [flash] "oh wow, that light is bright" then "oh, I'll never survive PA school - give me more REDBULL!!...that pic was fun, let's do another...IM a friend: be happy, it'll be over in 5 hours - this exam won't kill you...wheezes, rhonchi, rales - who cares?" followed by another meltdown involving throwing of highlighters, notes, books, tears, and maybe some yelling...and all of this occurring in about a 3 minute period... well, you know how it is!! I can just imagine it all!! :)

Jacqueline said...

Kristina,

Yep, that's dead on in describing yesterday. Thank you so so much for coming over and studying with me for a good portion of that. I am so blessed to have a friend that knows exactly what I'm going through, that's been there, and takes the time to not only check up on me, but makes time during your rotations to study with a lowly first year. Many thanks.

Loves,

j