Wednesday, February 26, 2014

4

"The art of being attentive is a journey to the seat of oneself."

I'm grateful for:
1.  being on my A game today at work.
2.  meeting a few new friends tonight at a ward activity.  I went to a German Christmas concert this past December with Charity and another gal whom I just re-met tonight.  I think her name was Kim :/ Must get better at this.  But!  Dave, a fella that I met my first week in the ward, came up and provided excellent conversation for a good chunk of the evening.  Biochemistry major turned philosopher.  Well read, loves music and the arts.  It's shocking to find a man that loves poetry.  (Kristi, he has his Masters in Library Science!)  I half want to set him up with one of my girlfriends, but I need to do a bit more research.
3.  laughing on the phone with Jason tonight.  Just thinking of it now makes me smile.  I told a girlfriend once what I'm looking for in a man (aside from the 3 "P's" as you already know) is one with whom I can wholeheartedly laugh.  And, friends, this house is filled with the glorious sound as of late :)

Exercise: 4 mile jog, and again the lovely walk to my car. 

No comments: