Friday, February 28, 2014

5

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
-- Arnold Schwarzenegger


Oh dear Arnold.  How I love your wisdom.  And biceps.

I'm grateful for:
1. Today being my Friday!  Granted, I have a weekend CME conference, but it's in Park City with soon to be excellent company.  So, blessing
2.  Home teachers Josh and Mikey making the trip in the rain to come and visit.  Josh, as always, was full of insights and dearest Mikey gave such a sweet prayer.
3.  Dearest friend calling to report he was entirely "functional" today in that he entirely served those in his area.  I don't know if he'd call it that, but I will.  He's rising from the "mess" to be something better.  It made me think of Josh's quote tonight:

“I believe,” said President Thomas S. Monson, “the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and figuratively lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish—and in effect save their lives.”

No comments: