Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm back!

After a half a dozen of flights (and a missed one), a visit to Arizona and Pennsylvania and Texas, I am back home. I have lots of fun stories from my trips including one from an interview I had where I literally turned a tomato red with white splotches and I started mixing my words so profoundly that even I couldn't make out what I was saying. At one point the interview actually asked me to re-read a question since she couldn't understand my crazy talk. That's when you know you've hit a low point.

k folks, let's talk resolutions. there are some people out there that don't believe in them; they'd rather live a good life from day to day and stick to their high morals everyday of the year. I'm not one of them. I need some sort of a starting line with a heafty prize at the end in order for me to get a moving. So my roommate and I have decided to have a wager. $150 buck to whom ever looses the most weight (we're 5 pounds different). And another with my dad with a prize quite a bit more than that to whom ever can loose 50 lbs. first. Bring it on pops!

Other goals:

Reduce swearing. I heard once that those who swear lack vocabulary. likely true. this leads me to...

Read a book every month (something not required for school). I've noticed these past few months that reading has reduced stress, which is always a plus. another thing that could help this is to...

Reduce sugar intake. If you truly know me, you know that i consume vast quantities of sugar. some folks have crack, I've got the 'cane. This past year I think I've kept alive three small villages in Brazil from the amount of candy I've purchased. So, this year is the year to cut back.

and that's about all I can take for now. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Becoming Supersonic said...

Good luck with all the goals man! Kings to you for actually making some. I'm the person that doesn't make resolutions in order to prevent disappointment.

Annalise said...

Those are some amazing resolutions! The best of luck to you!

So when you say "home", where exactly are you talking about? Are you back in Utah?

jenny said...

yeah WAY TO GO! I need to stop effing swearing too. jk. LOVE YOU KHAKS! Come over soon

Thirdmango said...

I have bets going on losing weight too. I'm winning so far. You don't know me but I randomly happened upon you blog, so I thought I'd comment.

I'm also a resoltioner, I made 3 and am keeping all three so far including going to the gym and specifics on eating healthier.