Sunday, December 01, 2013

12a

"Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!"

Martin Luther King, I've Been To The Mountaintop speech, his last speech on the eve of his assassination





1.  I'm grateful for:
a.  Marcie inviting me and the gals over for dinner, and for her support with my upcoming racing goals
b.  This four day weekend.  I enjoyed every minute of it.
c.  A good conversation with George about dating and life and the such

2.  I had a mini battle with myself this morning as to whether I wanted to go on a hike or to the first part of church. After getting all dressed in my hiking gear, I sat a moment and thought through my decision.  A conference talk from this past general conference came to mind, one where the mother asked the father and sons if they wanted to go on a drive instead of to church.  And that one decision made all the difference, for they never went back again.

I'm learning to recognize God's will, and then obeying swiftly.  So I knew my answer, and changed into my Sunday best and was grateful for making the right call.

3. Exercise: pass

4.  Meditation: prayer

5. Random Act of Kindness:  Invited Raeann over for dinner with the gals, she's a good gal.

No comments: