Sunday, December 01, 2013

11a

“This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.” 
― Elizabeth GilbertEat, Pray, Love


1.  I'm grateful for :
a.  Somer being my date tonight to the Utah Symphony
b.  Getting the laundry processed
c.  The wonderful sample lady at Wal-Mart who had closed her booth but was handing out coupons for chocolate, and took the extra step to offer me a piece without me asking, even though the shop was already packed up.

2. Tonight was the night that Jakob and I were to go to the Utah Symphony together for the Messiah Sing In.  He actually bought me the tickets for my birthday awhile back, and he hit the bulls-eye with the choice, for my father and I made it a tradition to go each year ever since I was a little girl.   I'm entirely grateful for Somer joining me on this little adventure.   It was a bit emotional, and I seriously struggled whether I should go or give the tickets to her to find a fella to bring.  I'm entirely grateful that I went.  We had a lovely date which included dinner at an Italian bistro, then headed over for the concert.  As it was about to start, my thoughts began to close me in a downward spiral thinking that the man who was so thoughtful to listen and give me this gift, the man who loved me deeply, and I cared for him... I chose not to continue on that path because I could see it wasn't the right fit at this time.  And as the doubts started to come in, Somer turned to me and with that genuine beaming smile, the one that fills your heart with a deep love and hope in what's to come... she knew just what to say to comfort me in those few moments.  I am so grateful for her.

And as an added bonus, members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir were scattered throughout the entire audience, decked out in their blue dresses and white tuxedos.  It's always been on the bucket list to sing with the MoTab, and that dream became a reality tonight.  I've never heard a better rendition of Handel's Messiah from the audience than I did this evening.  It was simply glorious.  And you could tell the conductor was lovin' every minute of it.

3.  Exercise: Can errands count?

4. Meditation: good prayer with Father, asking to comfort those that stand in need of comfort tonight.  Especially Jake. and Somer.

5.  Random Act of Kindness:  It was for me tonight.  I allowed myself to go, and to be happy that it happened.

No comments: