Saturday, December 07, 2013

18a

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living"  -Nelson Mandela


1. I'm grateful for:
a. Sleeping in until 722 am this morning.  How the body knows to reprogram itself!
b. for Russ, the employee of Auto Zone, who helped me walk through the steps of changing wiper blades
c. for making butternut squash and storing a week's worth in the freezer for future lunches.  One more step to healthy :)

2.  Today's memorable moment was when Greg (twin brother), Lisa, Tristan, and Emma were sealed together in the LDS temple.  We believe that families have the potential of becoming eternal.  I don't know much about the afterlife, but I do know that family ties extend beyond the grave.  Greg hardly ever shows emotion, and while he was kneeling across the alter from Lisa and Emma, he was staring into this little girl's eyes and realizing that she was becoming his little girl.  Forever.  I could see my brother growing in that moment.  Oh, how my heart loved him and her and his little family just a bit deeper today.

3. Exercise: tidying home, and wrapping Christmas gifts (can that count?)

4. Meditation:  in the temple

5. Random Act of Kindness:  I put poinsettias on the doorstep of all of my neighbors.  oh!  and I gave Russ a box of chocolates for helping me out

No comments: