Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 1b

1.  I'm grateful for:
a. Leem, the EP fellow who has such a positive spirit
b. Stacey, for her patience
c.  For getting Dr. A to genuinely laugh once during a patient encounter.  I have now found my future challenge... to get him to genuinely smile each day

2.  In the bathroom this morning I ran into a colleague, a resident whom I met last Friday.  The initial exchange lacked that human touch, so it left me wanting to connect a bit better.  So this morning I asked her name again, and we chatted for a few minutes about this and that and then we settled on the topic of her name.  She's from India, and her name in her native language means rose.  Not a family name, but a beautiful one nonetheless.  For some reason this interaction had so much more connection than the first, even though it was but a few moments.  I'm realizing that when I take the time to add that personal touch, it makes all the difference.  And that, my friend, was my meaningful moment of the day.

3.  Exercise: sadly, work went a hour over, and so my little gym was closed.  I really need to work out in the mornings, but that means 5 am wake up time :(

4. Meditation: prayer over meals as well as nighttime prayer today

5. Random Act of Kindness: I fed coworkers, but!  I've used that in the past, so I'm gonna go with holding the ridiculously heavy door open for a fellow hall walker.  I know it's small, but it's a start!

No comments: