Friday, November 29, 2013

10a

“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” 
― E.E. Cummings


1.  I'm grateful for:
a. The man working at Home Depot that paused and smiled so kindly at me this early morning whilst there was a bit of craziness with the Black Friday shoppers
b.  Tristan's Love.  When he realized I was leaving after I stayed the night at my brother's place (I gave him a few top of the head kisses on the way out, he was a bit distracted from the TV with Curious George), he stood up and whined, and pointed to the door to get one extra kiss and "bye-bye" wave, to which I gratefully obliged
c.  The prompting to walk a little further than the grocery store, and my steps took me downtown to Temple Square, and as luck would have it, it was the tree lighting ceremony tonight.  Absolutely beautiful!  And such joy in the air.  When the lights came on, there was this audible gasp from the audience, followed by lit up faces and robust clapping

2.  I was a bit surprised to see this posted on one of my guy friend's Facebook wall: "A man with dreams needs a woman with vision.  Her perspective, faith, and support will challenge his reality.  If she doesn't challenge you, then she's no good for you.  Men who want to stay ordinary will tell you not to have expectations of them.  Men who want to be great will expect you to push them, pray with them and invest in them."  This was meaningful for me to see a man post this.

I think the same can be said of a woman.  I've thought about this, and attempt to see if I could mirror the woman in this case.  Here goes:

A woman of quality needs a man with integrity.  His perspective, faith and support will enlighten her reality.  If he doesn't inspire you, then he is no good for you.  Women who want to stay ordinary will not bring out the best in you.  Women who are of worth will expect you to protect them, provide for them, and  most importantly, preside with them side by side.


3.  Exercise: 3 miles

4. Meditation: good chat with the Lord whilst walking to and from Temple Square

5. Random Act of Kindness:  I unfortunately didn't prepare myself for this trip downtown, so I had nothing tangible to give to this  homeless man.  The best I could do was give him the biggest smile from my heart.

No comments: