Sunday, January 12, 2014

10

I'm so grateful for:
a.  going to bed the same time as my 90 y/o neighbor
b.  My friend, Dulce, helping me connect with an incredible group of girls for future races
c.  Learning to smile through the pain :)

I didn't train for this race, and so by the fourth hour I was definitely feeling it.  I could have stopped a few times... I even started to make plans to finish at 12:00, and then look at the clock to see 12:08, and think, okay 12:15 then, and then look again and see it was 12:23, yet again thinking, okay 1230 then is it.  15 minutes before 1 pm cut off (the end time of the race), I thought, "This is the last lap.  You've done enough.  And you can beat the swarm of people ending at one, and you need to stretch anyway" but my friend Dulce and her friend Sherrie can up and started to walk with me.  One lap around, chatting away with those girls.  I looked at the clock and realized I had just a few minutes to go till one; instead of quitting, I chose to go that one more lap to finish it properly.  I know it seems like something so small.  And it was, really.  But I've realized... It's not about the lap.

Exercise: a few laps shy of a Half Marathon for a Revolutionary Run

No comments: