Saturday, January 04, 2014

3

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

What a wonderful day!  How I love this life :)  Today Lisa taught me to cross country ski in none other than Liberty Park in downtown SLC.  It was just too funny, for I always thought one could only go skiing in the mountains; I never considered the park next door.  This, I can tell, has opened a world of "urban recreation."  I'm already looking at the forecast and the hills behind my house.  Bonus, you can rent skis at REI for like $12.   The snow is calling, my friend ;)

I'm grateful for:
a.  The cashier, Gary, at the gas station that gave me 2 bucks in quarters to fill up my tires.  Totally sweet :)
b.  Brian, the awesome technician at Sam's Club Tire that discovered why the two tires were flat (cursed nails!), patched them up, and didn't even charge me!  How cool is that!
c.  Last, but certainly not least, Lisa Smith, my ski instructor and dear friend that took the entire morning to teach me the basics of skiing, and had the patience of a saint when I slowly dragged myself from falling.  She is such a great gal.  Seriously solid people that live out here.

Exercise: Cross country skiing for a few hours, and Jillian Michael's DVD (I promised a dear friend I'd do it for 30 days straight with her)

No comments: