Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 4a

So I'm gonna keep up with writing the 5, but I'm not gonna feel guilty if I miss one EXCEPT the number that I'm committing to do on a consistent basis.  And the winner is #1!  I agree for the next 21 days that I will consistently find 3 things/people/places/etc. I'm grateful for over the last 24 hours, I'll be specific and not repeat myself.


1. I'm grateful for:
a.  the girls I babysat today being so well behaved, Karina helped out hugely!
b. making ants on a log with the girls, and I almost convinced one of them to eat celery.  so close :)
c. having the house stocked with food because it was entirely too cold to go outside for grocery shopping

2.  I loved watching my Uncle Enos's and Aunt Deanne's foster children, Misses Karina, Liliana, and Yareli today.  There was a moment when we were watching trailers on my little computer for Rise of the Guardians.  The plot of the movie is based on these Guardians (Sandman, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa, Jack Frost) whose role is to protect the children of the world, and as long as the children believe in them, they will guard them with their lives.  It hit home as I sat there with these wonderful girls nestled next to me that that is who we are.  My Aunt and Uncle, my family, myself.  We are the guardians of these innocent children. The punch line at the end was "Everyone needs a Guardian," and I couldn't help but selfishly think, "Well who's mine?" And it was answered as quickly as it was asked, "Your ancestors watch over you, my Jackie."  And they do.  I know they do.

3.  Exercise: Just Dance with the girls

4. Meditation: missed it

5. Act of Kindness: tended the three little girls

No comments: