Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 20

1.  I'm grateful for:
a. The Office clip they showed at orientation today where Dwight tested his colleagues on a fire drill by making an actual fire
b. when the sun spills through the windows and warms the skin
c. a good laugh when one the fellas at FHE said that this grandma was "running" to the door.  you could see just the very top of her head, donned in a pink cap, slowly inching through the kitchen to the entry way

2.  So today was new employee orientation, and can I just say I feel thoroughly enlightened from what I've learned.  You may think there's a hint of sarcasm in that sentence, having sat through basically the same power points I've seen time and again at various health care organizations, BUT I totally learned something new today.  Did you know that a miniature pony is considered by the ADA as a certified service animal?  No joke.  It was just perfect.  The presenter asked the question if anyone knew the other animal other than a dog, and then clicked on the next slide to reveal this stout chunky little horse rigged up like a service dog.  I kid you not, I googled that crap, and yes.  Meet Mini Ed.  It has sneakers, folks.  Actual converse kicks.

3.  Exercise: get out of bed, Jackie!

4.  Meditation: prayer

5.  Random Act of Kindness: visited the widows tonight for FHE

No comments: