Saturday, November 02, 2013

Day 4

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss


1. I'm grateful for:
    a. My new friends Julie, Lisa, and Emily taking me fly fishing!
    b. glorious days where the weather is just perfect, nature is showing off its splendorus beauty, and life is filled with wonderful people
    c. always needed chat with Elana and George

2.  Loved every bit of today.  Julie taught me the basics of fly fishing (casting, terminology, etc), Emily rocked it by getting a few bites and she totally shared her delicious homemade grape leather. And Lisa kept me steady whilst I crossed the torrential water (k so it was a simple stream, but those are some slippery rocks).  I was in the water today, working on my throw, when something just clicked.  It was amazing when I stopped over-thinking it, stopped worrying that I'd hit one of the girls with the hook and I just let go, that I found myself in a zone.  Kind of like what I've felt during long bike rides or runs.  Except this time I was wading in water, hearing the breeze rustle through the grass, feeling the float line slide through my fingers as the line reeled out and pulling it back in over and over, drinking deeply of the beauty that surrounded me.  It was a perfect moment.  I didn't catch a single fish, but that really didn't matter because I found so, so much more.  For, I found a place of peace.

3. Exercise: can fly fishing count as exercise? ;)

4. Meditation video about breathing today

5.  Help my new friend Jen M. figure out a few specifics about a chicken coop

No comments: