Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 16

"...Bend to the dust that head "unbowed,"
Small part of Life's great whole!
And see in him, and him alone,
The Captain of thy soul."

-Excerpt from The Soul's Captain

1.  I'm grateful for:
a.  the incredible Rachel inviting me to the Special Needs Mutual
b. having the corner sealing room all to myself in the temple to pray
c. having a perfectly functioning body to be able to walk to the temple

2. Today Rachel V. invited me to join her while she fulfilled her calling as a leader for the specials needs group of the region.  The folks in charge of this thing are absolutely brilliant!  In the summer these girls couldn't go to girl's camp because of poor turn out, so instead the volunteers organized a night of "camping" indoors.  They had a pseudo-fire pit with red, yellow and orange streamers with white Christmas lights and a fan blowing underneath, all bordered by real firewood to make it look like a real fire.  They had a tipi, and two camping tents set up with lanterns and sleeping bags on the floor.  They had a craft of painting birhouses, then sing-a-long with camp songs, followed by a sister giving a lesson on individual worth.  It ended with somore like treats and a wonderful feeling in the room.  It was amazing night!

3. Exercise: 1.5 mile walk to the Salt Lake Temple

4. Meditation: Endowment session at temple

5. Random Act of Kindness: I always hate walking by a homeless person when I have nothing to give, since I set a boundary for myself that all monetary donations I would give to help them would be through a charity.  Nonetheless, I still feel like I can do more.  There are always a few standing right outside Temple Square, and this time I was prepared!  I gave her my snack that I packed, an apple and a cheese stick.

No comments: