Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 15

"I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee..." -God

1.  I'm grateful for:
a. Marcie always thinking of others.  She organized a dinner to celebrate my first day on Friday
b. Lunch with my cousin Becky.  Seriously excellent conversation
c. Dancing with a strong enough fella to pick me up and dip me comfortably

2.  I love my sister-in-law, Lisa.  She let me vent on the phone today for a solid 15 minutes while the babies were jabbering away in the background.  And she gives validation when it's needed, and totally calls me on my crap when it's time for that as well.

3. Exercise: Country swing dancing at the Westerner

4. Meditation:  President Monson's general conference address

5. Random Act of Kindness:  Saw an older fella in the corner and could tell he felt a bit uncomfortable on the dance floor, so I went over, asked him to dance, and spent the next few songs teaching him the basics of two step.  He was just beaming by the end of it.  Made me happy to help someone else feel a bit of joy.

No comments: