Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 13

"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy."   -Rabindranath Tagore


1. I'm grateful for:
   a. my friends in the armed forces that keep us protected.  This is the land of the free because of these brave
   b. fishing with Justin, new friend from the ward
   c. Rachel calling to get me out of the house and to the Veteran's Day Concert

2.  One of my dear friends up here, who is currently serving in the National Guard, shared a hilarious story tonight about while she was deployed.  She was staying with a group of gals in the Air Force, and safety was a top priority for these women.  Well, the gals gave my friend a rape whistle in case anyone tried to attack her.  Now mind you, my friend carried a LOADED weapon with her at all times during deployment.  I'm gonna take a wild guess, but the first she she'd likely reach for if she was getting attacked may not be that whistle.

3. Exercise: stairs and hills

4. Meditation: a nap, can that count?

5. Random Act of Kindness: brought the trash cans up from the curb for my neighbor

No comments: