Sunday, November 03, 2013

Day 5

"Happiness, not in another place, but this place... not in another hour, but this hour." Walt Whitman


1.  I'm grateful for:
     a. the beauty that exists with the change of the season
     b. actually having a purposeful fast for Fast Sunday
     c. friends that invite me to sit by them at church

2.  So my positive experience of the day could seriously last me all week.  It was that good.  Two of my dearest friends from Salt Lake came over for dinner, the darling Rachel and Marcie.  I love it when we get together because it's like one huge bucket fest of love.  You know those folks in life that you trust enough to share your struggles, your successes... your worries and fears and fun times and all that makes us who we are.  That's them.  And we love each other not in spite, but because of our imperfections.  We are, as one friend described her daughter, perfectly imperfect.  Tonight we left with challenges to each other; mine are to make a portrait of how Christ sees me, and the other is to work on an improved image of self.  That always could use a bit of polishing up, so... challenge accepted. ;)

3. Exercise: 3 mile walk through the memorial monuments and mountains

4.  Meditation: I have so much to learn in this field... seriously not my strong point.  But I can feel it's a undiscovered gem. What better way than to go to a well renowned source.  Matthieu Richard is Buddhist monk who started as a French molecular biologist and "found my way to the mountains."  It might be a bit tough to understand his French accent at first, but he has some spot on pointers to improve meditation.

5. Random Act of Kindness: sent a little love note to my mother

No comments: