Thursday, November 28, 2013

8a

"...as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee nor forsake thee." Joshua 1:5
As quoted by President Monson in his last conference talk


1.  I'm grateful for:
a.  Teaching myself to see the value in all people, and for those who help me see the value in myself
b.  learning to communicate my feelings without reacting to a situation
c. the people in my life that look beyond their needs and serve others

2.  Rough night tonight.  I gave a gift to someone that responded in the exact opposite way that I imagined.  Instead of bringing joy to their lives, my gift brought pain.  And I felt terribly hurt by it.  This, I know, will take a considerable amount of time to heal for both parties.  But.  I have committed to choose joy.  And so I stand by my commitment to follow through with tonight's blog.  One meaningful experience tonight is the power that can come through prayer.  After the phone call, I was having a difficult time controlling my emotions, to the point that when I tried to get up to get a drink of water, I literally couldn't find the strength to stand.  I've never had that happen to me before.  And so my legs gave way, and I fought it for a few seconds trying to rise up, my arms trying to take the weight of a falling body.  I realized I was fighting a losing battle, and so gave in and crumpled on the floor. I knelt there beside my bed and prayed to feel loved.  And the sobbing subsided.

3.  Exercise: Last chance workout this early AM by Jillian Michaels

4. Meditation: time with the Lord tonight

5. Random Act of Kindness:  gave someone a hug at work today.  Two people, actually.  It brightened both our days.

No comments: