Sunday, November 24, 2013

5a

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
Nelson Mandela

1. I'm grateful for:
a. Tom making dinner tonight and having a mini game night
b. Courtney, the gal I sat by today during sacrament meeting, and how we chatted it up about chemistry
c. making my lunch for tomorrow, healthy style.

2.  It was a moving talk today during sacrament meeting, a gentleman with CP spoke today about hope, about mistakes.  He quoted Ether 12:27 :

 " 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if" they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them.

He spoke of how his CP was a gift, in that it was the crinkled wrapping paper on the outside, of a present, but once unwrapped, the gift inside.  A man with incredible perspective.

3.  Exercise: miss

4.  Meditation: miss (aside from prayer each day)

5. Random Act of Kindness: I could see a friend needed a bit of a talk, and so I sat by him an listened

No comments: