Saturday, November 02, 2013

Day 3

"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy "2 Nephi 2:25


Grateful for:
   a. an awesome bishop
   b. James, the checkout guy at the Wal-Mart fish license section
   c. Emma's smile (soon to be my little niece... adoption pending)

So tonight was my new MSA ward's Thanks for Giving dinner.  Delicious!  I met seriously awesome gals, a few which invited me to go fly fishing tomorrow (woot woot!).  I think the part I loved most was actually at the very end when I was heading out the door and sat a moment to chat with the cashier, Diane.  The silent auction bidding closed while we were in the midst of conversation, and there was this massive rush to the check out line.  Seeing that overwhelmed look on her face, I jumped right in and started processing people's orders, and we got through that line in no time.  It felt so good to pitch in and meet a few friendly folks along the way.

Exercise: Last Chance Workout DVD 30 min

Meditation: Endowment in the Timpanogos Temple today

Random Act of Kindness: see above story as a makeshift assistant cashier

No comments: