Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 14

“Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”  -Samuel Beckett

1.  I'm grateful for: 
a. Mary sharing her talk about failure and perfectionism
b. Ann Lewis volunteering her time and energy to teach me family history
c. hugs that can be given via people I love

2.  Read my friend Mary's article about failure and perfectionism.  One quote I loved from the article: "True repentance is about transformation, not torture or torment. Yes, heartfelt regret and true remorse for disobedience are often painful and very important steps in the sacred process of repentance. But when guilt leads to self-loathing or prevents us from rising up again, it is impeding rather than promoting our repentance.”  President Utchdorf

3. Exercise: ran 3 miles

4. Meditation: Prayer while driving from from Orem to SLC

5. Random Act of Kindness: helped a lady and her kids find toothpicks in the store

No comments: